How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex wants to pay child maintenance directly to the children

This answer was rated:

My ex wants to pay child maintenance directly to the children who are 14 and 17, exclude me from any financial responsibility although he has left the family home and we intend that I remain there to deal with the children. Is that possible?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No money paid directly to the children will be viewed as Child Maintenance and if your husband does this then you will be able to apply to the CMS for further payments to be made directly to you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you