How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son and his girlfriend have split - they have a 6 month

Customer Question

My son and his girlfriend have split - they have a 6 month old son -
My son wants to see his son but she is insisting that she is present know- my son has looked after his son prior to them splitting up so he is quite capable of feeding changing etc
can she make these conditions
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is your son named on the birth certificate and is the child breastfed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my son is named on the birth certificate and the child has his surname

No he isn't breastfeeding fed

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
The mother is not entitled to simply dictate the contact that your son has - this is something that needs to be agreed by both of them - ad the contact should take place away from the mother.
Your son should try and negotiate with his ex using Family mediation
If that fails then he may need to make an applictaion to the court
He can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details