How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am divorcing my wife and allowing my daughter to be taken

Customer Question

I am divorcing my wife and allowing my daughter to be taken from England to France. A consent order is to be obtained from an English court. I want to know: 1. Whether I can ask in the consent order for any disputes or variations to the order to remain the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts?; 2. I am agreeable to pay child maintenance to my wife but want the claim for child maintenance dismissed, is this possible?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your daughter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

My daughter is 3.5 years old.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.