How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My sons ex partner moved our grandchildren and her back to

Customer Question

My sons ex partner moved our grandchildren and her back to her parents, its been a nasty breakup as she was the guilty party Her parents have kept her and the granddaughters behind closed doors and I've only seen then for a matter of 3 days since Christmas , I used to see them 4 /5 times a week and babysit while they were both at work.
I miss my Granddaughters but understand there is nothing I can do , ive emailed her Solicitor who said , she doesn't want me seeing them as my son there Father may come round and see them , Im sure he would as she is stopping us from seeing them and him too. All she has wanted is csa and her half the house and her new man, they live in a paralle street to my son who is in the old family home. She wants mediation then court but my son is struggling to keep his house and his job ,her family have made things so bad for us that none of us have a normal life anymore , we are all sad and unhappy.
Im the Grandma who loves her girls and never for one minute didn't have time for them. Its so hard not seeing them, what can I do different or shall I write again to her solicitor and say its beneficial for the girls to see us grandparents and my sons side of the family.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what contact is your son actually having with them?
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am worried about privacy with my email address

please will you keep this anonymous


last week my son received a letter to ask if his ex could come round and collect a list of toys for the granddaughters in there new home. He wrote back and suggested a 30 min slot to arrive and collect the listed items, she arrived with her family and she wanted to go indoors after she had collected the boxed item already and waiting outside on the porch, she insisted she could enter the house when she liked because she owned it! she is still on the mortgage and although she didn't put a penny into the house she has the right to half its value.

She used threatening behaviour to my son and he let her take what she wanted for the girls, she left with a threat " you have a letter coming from my solicitor"

I put a 20% deposit down on the house and they took out a joint mortgage, she contributed zero to the house in the 2 years shes been living in it, they are not married.

My son has put the house on the market and continuous to live there while waiting for a sale or should he try for a settlement so he can stay at least near his work and few friends.

Am I right in thinking she can get a court order to make him sell and if this happens she has to show her contributions before her entitlement and of course I lose my deposit entirely.

My son hasn't changed the locks as he was advised not to but after her entering the home and taking almost whatever she laid her hands on and he nasty temper I fear for my sons safety as she is so aggressive. I didn't report her entering the weekend I looked after the house but think now at least I should have.

So my Grandchildren are shut away completely to us all behind a huge gate and don't have friends to play other than her family who are all adults. I think they must feel stifled, they are 4years and 5 years

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Who actually owns the property and were your son and his ex married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thye were not married , they planned to get married but her affair finished that, they jointly own the house its in both names , uk law says she is entitled to half of its value regardless of her imput