How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Been together with my husband month. I'm solely on the

This answer was rated:

Been together with my husband for 18 month. I'm solely on the mortgage and pay the bills. He owes outstanding child maintenance and a county court judgement. Could they make me reinforce the sale of my home. I have owned it and paid solely for the last 14 years. His name is ***** ***** anything that belongs to me but obviously married. Many thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You cannot be forced to use your assets to pay your husband's debts - so your home is safe.
The only way that the house could be at risk is if you transfer the property into joint names.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you