How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son has a daughter from a previous relationship and his

This answer was rated:

My son has a daughter from a previous relationship and his ex won't let him see her without a court order. My son is desperate to see his daughter but can't afford to go to court and doesn't want to put his daughter through that. They have tried mediation but the ex has again stopped visits. Is there any other options he can take?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and when was the last mediation appointment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bella is 7 years old and the mediation was approx 7mths ago.
Thank you
I am afraid that your son will need to try mediation again; and if that fails then his only option is to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order.
The Court applictaion will only cost £245 - less if he is on benefits.
He can deal with the matter himself - and there will be no particular effect on the child.
He can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you