How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband and me are currently going through a divorce and

This answer was rated:

My husband and me are currently going through a divorce and are living apart. I keep receiving letters from his solicitor whereby he is insisting that a watch of his and a gold coin have gone missing - in effect, I believe I am being accused of same. However, I have no knowledge of the whereabouts of these items and he cannot prove that they actually exist/existed. I am tired of this constant barrage from his solicitor about these trinkets - can I contact the police about this matter in order to confirm his allegations which I believe is harassment as I am currently being treated by my doctor for severe depression and feel distressed about this matter.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact you can simply instruct your solicitor to write and tell his solicitors that you do not know anything about these items and that any future letters concerning them will be disregarded.
Tell your solicitor that you do not wish to be troubled by any further letters on the issue
The Police will have no interest in the matter
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you