How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35074
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am planning to remarry next year and would like my

This answer was rated:

I am planning to remarry next year and would like my children to be at the wedding. My ex is not very cooperative at present and I fear she will make sure the do not attend. Is there a way I can ensure they do attend.
I have my children every other weekend but the wedding is likely to be mid-week. Even if I did have a weekend wedding there is no guarantee my ex will cooperate when she finds out what is happening.
Thank you
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Next year they will be 4 and 10.
The starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
to try and agree a Parenting Plan
If that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which makes specific provision for your wedding and the holidays.
I am sorry - there is no other way
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I should have explained. I have a full child order which is working ok. What I need is away to get my children for my wedding day which will probably be on a day other than a normal contact day. One would agree that it is in the children's interest to be at their dads wedding but I cannot reply on my ex's cooperation.
Even if I have the wedding on a weekend I have the children if she finds out they may suddenly become ill or something. Plus weekend is looking at costing me an extra £1000 for the same venue.
i am sorry but the only way to deal with it is to get a Specific Issue Order relating to the wedding - which means following the same route in any event
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you