How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35053
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare. I now have the Form E from my ex who has retained

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare. I now have the Form E from my ex who has retained a solicitor. I haven't, and I wonder if this will put me at a disadvantage.
I've just typed up a chronology, questionnaire and "apparent issues" to go with Form G. Can I send them to you to have a look?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Of course - feel free to send them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

I actually added it all to the "Already Tried" section as text. Can you read it easily, or would you prefer the word document?

The word document would be useful please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2015-06-30_234719_form_g_stuff.docx

This is the word doc Clare. Please tell me if you can view it.


You do realise that these will need to be three separate documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thanks.

1. Other than that are the docs good to go? I wondered if I'd given too much detail...

2. Ex has set up a "business" which is really just letting out two rooms so that she can try to demonstrate to the judge that she needs the house for business purposes. I would like to incorporate that into my docs but not sure how or if appropriate.

3. Do you think they will give her the house and make me keep paying half my salary for the mortgage until it's paid off, and then transfer it to her? This is what she and her lawyer seem to be requesting.

The questionnaire is ok.
Many of the questions are not of great relevance but they are fine anyway.
The Chronology is a little too detailed - who paid what and when is not necessary - and you shoudl add in your respective dates of birth.
The Statement of issues needs to be tweaked.
The issue is
Matrimonial home
1. Should the property be sold if so how should the equity be divided, if not what arrangements should be made about the mortgage
1. Is spouse maintenance payable
Does the loan repayable by the applicants brother form part of the matrimonial assets or not.
(it does by the way)
You may find this site useful
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much, useful link and suggestions.

Can you briefly answer 2 and 3 in my last response do you think?

2. You do not need to refer to it at all at this stage.
3. If she retains the property you will not have to pay the mortgage - just the maintenance
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you