How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Claire, Me and my husband are seperated, still living

Customer Question

Hi Claire,
Me and my husband are seperated, still living in the same house. (We have been married for 18 years). It is a large house and we have afew lodgers that providing healty income. The house is on his name and he claims until the divorce finalised(which can take a year), I have no right to receive the rental income from the house. What are my rights on this issue since I will be partly moving out soon and need an income other than my job.
Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What income do you each have from all sources?