How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex-husband has contacted my son's school to inform the headmaster

Customer Question

My ex-husband has contacted my son's school to inform the headmaster that he is terminating his "contract with the school" and will no longer pay towards his school fees.
The headmaster has just informed me of this situation. There is an outstanding fees from this year ending. My son will be sitting his Igcse next summer. We agreed to sneed him to the school based on recommendation. He can afford to pay. But he has been manipulative playing games with my son's education and wanted him removed from the school. This poses risk to my son's GCSE year. and extremely worrying.
1) Can I apply to court for an interim maintenance so i can pay the outstanding amount and also secure payment for next year?
2) Can i then apply as part of financial settlement for him to be responsible for the school fees until my son completes his university study or age 21?
He very unreliable and only will do anything provided it is enforced legally.
3) can i apply to the court for sposal maintenance that takes account I may have to leave my work sooner than anticpated. Due to impact effect of my family situation and havingto take alot of time off to look after my son during medical emergencies i have been having problems. My workplace are moving me towards leaving the job.
how do i go about doing all these on my own? or do I need a solicitor to represent me in court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How far have the financial negotiations reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have not negotiate. he is difficult and i don't think going to mediation would result in anything. we could not attend mediation together it had not workrd in the past and he ha made it clear he would not be in the same place where i am present.

I am trying to apply and to place the application i would like to

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
What stage has the divorce reached and what Child Maintenance does your ex currently pay?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry i have not responded due to illness.

I have finally able to apply to CSA and he pays maintenance . Last time I knew his earnings over 4years not he was on over £90K and gets directors bonus evry March of each year. I earn about a third of this salary. I don't know what he earns now but I know it will be considerably more. I may consider leaving work in the next year due do poor health.

I 'm in court on Tuesday, 14th. I believe the judge is to decide who is divorcing who at this hearing. Will the judge need witness statement to decide this on Tuesday?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.