How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If ( with their agreement ) my brother and I have our names

This answer was rated:

If ( with their agreement ) my brother and I have our names added to the deeds of the house currently owned ( mortgage free ) by our other brother and mother does this mean :-
1) the house cannot be sold without the agreement of us all ?
2) no loan can be taken out against the house without the agreement of us all ?
3) any debt incurred by any of us with the house put up as equity, becomes liable by the 4 of us ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
1. No - if one of you wishes to sell the house and the others refuse then an applictaion can be made to the court who WILL order the sale
2. Correct - although creditors can obtain Charging Orders against one person's share of the property
3. Only if you all four agreed to it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you