How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a 16 year old son who lives with his mother and

This answer was rated:

I have a 16 year old son who lives with his mother and is smoking drugs everyday. I have tried to get her support in trying to stop him but he seems to have a hold on her, she has told me that she has even got it for him to stop him getting caught.
I have told her unless she agrees to stop him I will cut off her financial support, where do I stand on this and what should I do?
Thankyou for your time
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is not good news i am afraid.
You certainly cannot stop paying maintenance - whether Child or Spouse.
You CAN approach his Doctor, his School and Social Services about the issues and seek their assistance
You can find more help here
I hope that this assists -please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you