How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have an elderly parent I have arranged Power

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have an elderly parent for whom I have arranged Power of Attorney, the time has come when I need to start using it. Is there anything I have to do to activate it?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Is this a Lasting Power or an Enduring one?When was it signed?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a Lasting Power, rregistered with he Office of the Public Guardian in November 2013.

Then you can simply start using the Power as intended - it was activated at Registration!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you