How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35049
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has moved out of the matrimonial home, with our 2 kids. She

This answer was rated:

My wife has moved out of the matrimonial home, with our 2 kids.
She is named on the mortgage.
Does she have the right to come and go to the house, as she pleases?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that as a joint owner of the property she is entitled to come and go as she pleases, and indeed even if she were not named on the deeds she would have rights on the former matrimonial home
I am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you