How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12180
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Me and my parents own a flat in Scotland. We are not British

This answer was rated:

Me and my parents own a flat in Scotland. We are not British and we live abroad. How can I remove my name from the ownership of the flat? Without having to come to UK?
Thank you for your question. I am a lawyer in Scotland.
What you have to do is:
1. Contact by email a lawyer in Scotland. The lawyer will need evidence of identification for you and your parents. You can choose a suitable lawyer at the Find a Solicitor section at
2. The solicitor will draw up a title deed transferring your share to your parents. He will email it to you. You will print it off, sign it and send it back by post to the solicitor.
3. The solicitor will register the title deed in the Land Register of Scotland.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you