How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have 2 children aged 17 and 13. I am divorced from their

Customer Question

I have 2 children aged 17 and 13. I am divorced from their father. We found out that he died suddenly last week. Is there a will - we do not know. Is there a policy for them - we do not know. He was living with his girlfriend, they were engaged but not married. They have property in the UK and Turkey. What are they entitled to, what do we do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou, please carry on

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You are entitled to ask for evidence that there was a Will.If there was not then you, on behalf of your children, are the only one entitled to arrange the funeral and deal with his estate.If there is no Will then your children are entitled to his estate - however any assets that are held in joint names with his partner will pass to her outside the WillIf he has left a Will which makes no provision for the children then you can make an application against his estate for maintenance for their supportI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare