How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Can I claim back child support now after 10 years. my ex husband

Customer Question

can I claim back child support now after 10 years. my ex husband has never paid a penny. he claimed income support as soon as we got divorced. he was living with another woman and had 2 more children with her. she was receiving money for her children. I was actually married to him for 10 years. he seemed to escape ever paying any csa to my children. He left me in dept on rent arrears which I had to arrange £2 to be stopped from my income support at this time. He even managed to get away from paying the nominal maintenance order of 5pence per annum. All the info I had given the csa about him working as well. The council even rehoused him and still he got away from paying nothing. What can I do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children now and was a CSA assessment ever completed?