How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I left my partner last year we have 2 children aged 3 and 5

Customer Question

i left my partner last year we have 2 children aged 3 and 5 i have petitioned a divorce.
i currently live with my new partner and her daughter
i phone my kids twice a week and see them every sunday
me and my partner have had them over night on a few occasions which they loved and have repeatedly told us they want to live with us and not go home to mummy the 3 old also said she hates her mummy,
due to my ex being difficult over access and maintenance payments i arranged to attend mediation unfortunately my ex did not show up so the case was sent to a different centre for her to produce her documents again she failed to do this.
she is now being very difficult with me saying i dont provide for my children and either step up or get out of there lifes. she continually dumps the children on her friends so she can have her own life (her words) am i within my rights to now apply to the court for full custody and if so how do i go about this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes thats fine thank you i will wait for an expert

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
You are entitled to apply to the court for something called a Child Arrangement Order which will let you either apply for the children to live with you, a shared arrangement or the details of the time that you spend with the children set down in law. The process is straight forward and will technically involve a session of mediation before you can issue the court process. You apply for a court order by completing Form C100 and paying a fee. There is a checklist and information notes at the back of the form to help you complete it. I hope that this helps. Please remember to rate positively.