How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex partner has changed my childrens school without my

This answer was rated:

hi my ex partner has changed my childrens school without my permission and my children do not want to move schools what can I do to prevent this as its not finalised yet thanks
How old are they and are you on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are 8 and 10 and yes im on the birth certificate and i have them 4 days a week

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi they are 8 and 10 and yes im on there birth certificate they are with me 4 days out the 7

Your ex partner should not thus be changing their school without your permission. If this is something which you can not agree between the two of you then you would need to apply to the court for their assistance and namely a specific issue order to determine which school the children should go to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do i stop her from doing this as she will not talk to me bout ot she said she as made up her mind and thats final my kids do not want to move and that is up setting me and them and i think it rong as my boy is on is last year

The only way if you can't talk is either mediation or making an application to court for a specific issue order. I attach the form which would need to be completed remember to rate positively
I hope this helps.
Please remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you