How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33357
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I am not married to my partner and live in a housing association

This answer was rated:

I am not married to my partner and live in a housing association property which she has moved out of about 2 months ago taking my daughter with her she is also pregnant with our second child she now says she wants to move back in and I have to move out i got this house after being on the housing list for 9 years but added my partner to the application form 1 year before we was allocated the house as we where previously separated iam in the process of settling the rent arrears that have built up so I can keep a roof over my head and have my children stay at week ends I have been to a meeting with the housing association to come to a agreement regarding the payment of the arrears all corespondents has been done by myself and I will settle the rent also my name is ***** ***** any letters sent to the address I don't know if this makes any difference my partner has moved back to her perants house can you please advise me on this situation
It would appear from what you have written that you are joint tenants. As such you are both entitled to live in the property. You do not thus need to leave, but unless the tenancy is changed by the Housing Association then she would be allowed to move back into the property.
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you