How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33526
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter owns her property outright. 12 years ago she took

This answer was rated:

My daughter owns her property outright. 12 years ago she took in a lodger who became her lover. He contributed to the every day living expenses but contributed nothing toward the up keep of the property. They have now parted. Has he any legal rights to a claim on the property.?
Strictly speaking he does not have an interest in the property. He would have to show that she intended them both to own the property or that he contributed in a significant way to the property (repairs, extensions and the like) for him to have an interest in the property. The fact that they had a relationship does not give him an entitlement and if the money spent was on basic living expenses then that would also not entitle to a share.Please remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you