How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33521
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have a granddaughter but her mother will not allow me

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a granddaughter but her mother will not allow me or my wife to see or communicate with her it's really upsetting and this has been going in far to long can I do anything about this .
Regards Ian.
Does the father have parental responsibility and is he spending time with the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He he was going for parental responsibility but then his ex girlfriend said that he could see her so he stopped the case now the relationship has stopped and he does not see her . He is paying through social security for our granddaughter he says that he is going to try again please let me know if you need more information.
Regards Ian
If you want to spend time with the child and the mother is not agreeing and it can not be resolved amicably then you would need to make an application to the court for what is called a child arrangement order. It is a straight forward process. You would need to ask for the court's permission to make an application -
then you would follow these steps to apply for a court order.
Read the guidance on making an application -
Fill in the C100 court form.
Send it to your nearest court that deals with cases involving children.
It costs £215 to apply for a court order.
Please remember to rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi is will there be anymore costs and what type off result will there be are we likely to be waiting our time , should we wait for my son to try for parental response ability.
If you do it yourself then this would be the only costs, although you may wish to instruct solicitors (cost about £1500-£3000). If you are not getting contact then this is a v sensible application to make to resolve matters. Please remember to rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi if I apply for a court order for the fee off £215 and she does or does not turn up what is the likely result .
The Court can make orders against people if they do not turn up. The court process is not optional.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the actual result from a court order.
The court could order that you have contact with the child. This would be a standard order - perhaps weekly, fortnightly or some such arrangement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your time I understand how busy you are I will apply for a court order .
Regards Ian.
My pleasure - I wish you the best with it. Please remember to rate positively so that I get my credit.
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you