How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33673
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have my daughter of 2 years old every week end as agreement

This answer was rated:

i have my daughter of 2 years old every week end as agreement with my ex partner as my ex partner works and we both agreed this now im getting abuse from her family saying im bein unfair as im only letting the grand parents untie and cousins acces to once a week end what rite have i got to substain this
Do you have parental responsibility?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have them as on birth certifcate
In such circumstances they have nothing to do with decisions made between you and ex for the care of the children. It is only the parents in this case who have parental responsibility.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so have the grand parents got any rights? i have now recieved threats from my ex saying she is only goin to let me see my child once a month can she do this
Grandparents do not automatically have rights, but you do. If she is changing the arrangements then you should try mediation or think about making an application to the court. Follow these steps to apply for a court order.Read the guidance - in the C100 court form.Send it to your nearest courtIt costs £215 to apply for a court order. Please remember to rate positively.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have also just sudjested that the grandparents can come to my house to see my child every other saturday all i recieved is im bein unfair i even mentioned seeking mediation to help us resolve this but to no avail before we both apply to the courts
Well part of the court process is mediation anyway - so that should help. You must attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) before you can apply for a court order about the arrangements for your children. At this meeting a mediator will explain the services available to help you and your ex reach an agreement. I hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has helped me alot but my ex is bein stubborn and is now telling me she shall see me in court plus have i got the right to now cancel all contact with my child see`in her grandparents and auntie
My pleasure. You can cancel their contact but I am not sure it would look good in court. You want to come across as putting the child first and being the reasonable one.
Please remember to rate
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
many thanks for your help and advice i have sent over to my ex what we need to do first and the agreement stands as we are for now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i would like to cancel my membership and i need a full refund how to do this please
Any reason?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have recieved the help needed and would like a refund and cancel my membership please
I will get someone to contact you from that department