How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33376
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I divorced my husband was a messy divorce and

This answer was rated:

Hi I divorced my husband was a messy divorce and a violent marriage.the home was rented and put into my became very difficult to live there as I had a lot of abuse from his family also my car would be tampered with to prevent me getting to work.i became very low with the whole war as nothing seemed to stop it.i left the property and everything in it to start again.i have been able to reclaim a few personal belongings yet there are many things which I had from childhood still there.i have over the years asked for them yet get threatened with harassment from my ex husband.i have built a new life for my self yet find it hard to let go of certain personal things.i do believe they are still in the property along with many of my sons ex husband still lives there and these belongings are used as a form of there anything I can do please?
How do you know that they are still there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know they are still there as that is the type of man he is.also through my daughter.for a very long time my children's friends used to tell me my things were still where they were ex husband is the sort of man who keeps everything stored in the attic.
Well they are still you items. As such really the best way to resolve this is to send a solicitors letter threatening court action for the return of the items. This would cost about £100. You can issue court proceedings but the court would be concerned that after more than 12 years he no longer has the items. You would need proof if he denied it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What sort of proof would I need?
Photos would be best, ***** ***** children confirming in writing that it is still there. I hope this helps. Please rate positively.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son is not allowed in the house at daughter won't get involved as it was very bitter and messy all round for both my children.due to the violence many friends would not go anywhere near him.he will deny all knowledge all the time.
That is the fundamental problem you have in this case. You can send a solicitors letter but if you contemplate court action then you will need proof.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know that's been the problem all along but thank you any way.
My pleasure - please remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you