How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter is due to attend a family court next week but her

Customer Question

Hi my daughter is due to attend a family court next week but
her legal aid cert has been cancelled can she delay court attendance
until she is legaly represented?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
She can often apply for an adjournment under these circumstances. She should try and obtain the consent of the other party and advise the court of her difficulties. The court would normally allow a short adjournment under these circumstances.