How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33360
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My wife is filing as I left the marital home nearly

This answer was rated:

My wife is filing for divorce as I left the marital home nearly 2 years ago. If I don't agree to divorce does she have to wait until five years separation. Can she divorce me without my agreement.
No she does not have to wait five years. She can apply for divorce on the basis that the marriage has broken down on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour and progress matters through the court on that basis.
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you