How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33529
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My child is 9 years old, and her mother has the full

This answer was rated:

My child is 9 years old, and her mother has the full custody if our child, although, she has a legal agreement from the court issued where the child comes to stay over one weekend a month, and, every Wednesdays I could pick her up from school at 3:30 and return her at 6pm. Now, the mum moved far from me, and said verbally that I could only see the child every 2 weeks, that, I have also verbally agreed. Now, she said I cannot ring her to speak to my daughter and texted me she will be taking the child out of the UK to live with her grandfathers as she has no conditions of keeping the child during the school holidays. Can she take my daughter with her to travel? Or can I get a quick order from the court so that the child comes ans stays with me for the holiday period, as there is no mentions about this in the legal custody letter?
As the she has a Child Arrangement Order (this is their new name) she is only allowed to take the chid out of the country for up to 28 days without your consent. Any longer is a criminal offence. It is clear that she is no longer acting in the spirit of the order (I know you have made amendments to the order by agreement). I would be minded to take the matter back to court to formally vary the original order so that you are able to at least share half of all the holidays (if that works for you and the child). You can bring this back to court. You can also if you wish take issue with the holidays. I attach herewith a leaflet with more info on the process - remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you