How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Questions about child maintenance abroad *ASAP*

Customer Question

I have a couple of questions about my husband's child support; His child lives in Spain with her mother.  The child (girl) is now 19 years old.   She is a love child with a Spanish woman who used to live in UK. She left him and went back to home when the child was at the age of one or two. Since then he has been voluntarily paying her maintenance which is not a small amount and a private school fees until now. The child and her mother's demand is high and she is now going to a private law university in Spain. He suggested earlier to choose a state university but anyway promised reluctantly to further contribute a fixed amount per month for university fee. Her mother is now applying a scholarship for the private law university. My questions are: Q1: What is a legal paternal responsibility for his case? No need for the child education support over 20 by British law I understand. Q2: Does he have to disclose his income and to write a letter of intent upon her requests for application of the scholarship?  (He rather prefers not to send them due to the further demand/ possible argument as he is going to retire.)

Many thanks for your support! kind regards.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law