How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33532
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex and I are currently selling our house due to seperation.

This answer was rated:

My ex and I are currently selling our house due to seperation. The mortgage was signed as joint tenancy. However we have an offer on the house but my ex is saying he won't go ahead with the sale unless I agree to take a smaller percentage of the equity as he was on more money than me and paying more into the house. However I run the house and looked after everything as he was away a lot. Anyway I just want to know where I legally stand. Am I entitled to half as we agreed or should I agree to a smaller share
are there children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No children

If the agreement was for you both to have half each then that agreement should stand. It should be made clear to him that if agreement is needed from the court for permission to sell the property (an order for sale) then you will look to recover your costs for making such an application:which will not help him at all. It rather seems like a degree of bullying from him and should be resisted.I hope this helps. Please rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you