How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partner went self employed in April 2015. He advised the

Customer Question

My partner went self employed in April 2015. He advised the CSA immediately, and they told him his payments would cease until he started earning money.
He has now received a demand from them as follows:
1) to provide all bank statements for April, May and June
2) to provide a "signed letter from an accountant on headed paper, his projectyed earnings fro the year to allow a change of self-employment to be actioned"
...failure to supply the above will revert his account back to his CSA payments calculated when he was PAYE, plus any arrears between April and now.
As he is nowhere ready to complete his first self-assessment he doesn't have an accountant. Also, he hasn't earnt anything to date (after deductions for van, tools, advertising etc.)
Can someone please advise me what we should do, and if the CSA are correct to demand this info?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - was your partner told in writing that he could stop paying?