How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am divorced27/4/2015 and the consent order confirmed I would

This answer was rated:

I am divorced27/4/2015 and the consent order confirmed I would get the matrimonial home if I remortgaged the matrimonial home and gave my ex £200,000.My ex has bought a bungalow but is decorating it and refuses to leave my house.How can I get vacant possession?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did the remortgage take place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The remortgage occurred on 18th May 2015.
Then he no longer has any right to remain in the property.
You should give him two weeks written notice to leave and at the end of that time change the locks when he is out
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you