How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33529
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

As a dad am I entitled to see my daughter of the school

This answer was rated:

as a dad am I entitled to see my daughter for half of the school holidays ? and can my ex partner stop me from taking my daughter on holiday ?
How old is the child? Do you have parental responsibility and where are you proposing to go on holiday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Leila is 6, yes I have parental responsibility and im hoping to go to spain the same as I did last year with Leila.

The starting point if you can not agree over the issue of contact is to apply to mediation (MIAM) and then after that you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which would set out the arrangements as to what time you spend with your daughter. Half of all holidays (including half term, summer, christmas and easter) is very common. It would also be sensible to get the courts permission to take the child on holiday out of the country (even when to a Hague convention country such as Spain). It can all be dealt with at the same time and would clearly make things easier for you going forward.Please remember to rate
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you