How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter had an arrangement with her ex for

This answer was rated:

My daughter had an arrangement with her ex for payments for there son, she and her son now live abroad as she has married an American. The payments have now stopped can she apply through CSA to get these payments
what as the arrangement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She had an agreed arrangement with her ex he has now stopped paying this, can she claim via CSA if so how
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Payment of 290 a month for child support
The difficulty she has is that the CSA is not available unless the receiving parent and the child live in the UK. Where she lives abroad and you want to get child maintenance payments from an ex-partner living in the UK you can apply to:enforce an existing maintenance decisionmake changes to an existing maintenance decisionmake a new maintenance decision
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was an agreement between them and not a decision that CSA have been involved with. Can see enforce this agreement through the courts or CSA
How much does he owe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 months now
Well if this is an informal agreement she can enforce the sum owed through the small claims court. But she may consider that she needs to seek a more formal maintenance arrangement and to that end she can in fact issue proceedings in the US and once she has an order enforce that in the UK
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you