How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My sons ex partner of 6 years gave birth to his child 2 months

Customer Question

My sons ex partner of 6 years gave birth to his child 2 months ago. She ended the relationship during her pregnancy and things are very strained between them. He works offshore for 2 weeks of every month. She isnt giving him the time to spend with baby and we dont really know how to go about proper access. He supports her financially. We live in Scotland and dont know the law. I also like to know about overnight stays and at what age this is allowed
Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Is he on the birth certificate?