How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I want to separate from my partner he has been abusive to my

Customer Question

I want to separate from my partner he has been abusive to my son aged 13 years. He says he will not go unless I give him 5000. He has lived with me for 5 years though officially for 2-3 years where in this time he has given me £400.00 a month towards household bills. He also has done some work in my house. Do you think 5000 is reasonable. I had my property valueed and it has gone up £35000 in the time I have lived there with him. However the mortgage is entirely in my name.

He has his own property which he rents to his mother

He is an electrician and rewired my house but I charged him nothing to live here for the first couple of years. My tax credit stopped when he moved in.

The only way I could pay him out would be to obtain a loan.

My son has arthritis and Aspergers and he receives middle rate care DLA.

I have paid for the service and I have not received an answer.  The site is impossible to find out why I have not received my response

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law