How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1437
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am retired ,in good health and until 6 weeks ago had full

This answer was rated:

I am retired ,in good health and until 6 weeks ago had full access to the grandchildren, they love me and I love them, can she stop me seeing them.
If you are being denied the opportunity of spending time with your grandchildren then you do not automatically have a right to make an application to the court. You would need to ask 'leave' of the court to bring an application to spend time with your grandchildren. In reality this means you would need to complete another form when making an application to the court and explaining in that form (and also at the first court hearing) why you would like permission to let the court deal with an application for you to spend time with your grandchildren.
Before an application can be made to court, matters first have to be referred to mediation. If you do not do this the court will likely reject your application. You can self refer to mediation through an organisation such as National Family Mediation
Kind regards
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You can only look to access legal aid if you have suffered domestic violence from the Respondent in the last two years.
Kind Regards