How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33536
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I reside in England and have recently petitioned

This answer was rated:

I reside in England and have recently petitioned for divorce from my wife (in England), and she has now moved to her home town in Scotland with our 2 young children. I committed adultery, but was only allowed to put down Unreasonable behaviour as the reason for divorce, to which she is disgusted at, and is willing to pay £1000's to get it changed to Adultery. She says she has a reason behind this, and I am wondering if it could be something to do with the equal custody of the children, or preventing me from seeing them as often as I'd like, or is it possible for her to stop me from taking them back to England, or just seeing the woman I had an affair with? My wife has a full-time job and I am part time self employed and carried out most of the childcare in England, and the woman I had an affair with was the mother of one of my daughters best friends, so my wife claims that it will be distressing for my daughter to find this out. Any ideas what she could possibly enforce as a result of having the divorce changed to Adultery?
The basis behind divorce these days is really no fault - so to divorce on the ground of adultery is not very common or necessary. It is not a factor in any contact arrangements regarding children and gains no merit before the court. It is not a factor in any of the examples which you have provided above. It may simply be something to do with her wanting you to be guilty and a pointless power play by her.I hope this helpsPlease remember to rate
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you