How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I am trying to get a divorce, but i have no clue where he is.

Customer Question

i am trying to get a divorce, but i have no clue where he is. i have contacted family, friends of his even tried him. i am blocked on everything which i find amazing seems he left just after 2 months of marriage, and have not seen or heard from him since. that was four years ago, if not more please help me. thank you.
kind regards gemma
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Ok that does not prevent you getting a divorce. First you need to complete the divorce petition, giving their last known address. The court will let you know if it’s returned unopened.You then need to show that you’ve done everything you can to find them, eg by contacting their:relatives (including any children)friendslast known employerbank or building societytrade union or professional organisationIf you still can’t find them, fill in the statement to dispense with service of divorce petition. Return this to your local divorce courtYou’ll have to pay a £50 court fee.Please rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that they went to his dad's he wouldn't sign them. I then needed to pay court fees to get get to the next stage. But now I don't know where he is. If I pay the court fees etc do I then need him to sign it.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gemma,You would still send them to his Dad's property as this is the last address fro him. Then go through the process that I have set out above.Please remember to rate positively