How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have a joint mortgage on a property with my x , she would

This answer was rated:

I have a joint mortgage on a property with my x , she would like to Take out her equity and settle the mortgage . I have lived in the property since our separation . I have calculated the mortgage ,deposit,re-fern costs to estimate the equity. My question is can I add the interest payments on the interest only mortgage as a cost ?
You can add this sum but she may look to offset for the fact that you had the advantage of the property and she was not living in it. These matters are fully one of negotiation.Happy to discussPlease rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you