How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My girlfriend has a 8yr old daughter that lives with the

This answer was rated:

Hi my girlfriend has a 8yr old daughter that lives with the girls dad. They have a joint residency order but he won't let her see her little girl but when he eventually does let her see her daughter he wants my girlfriend to sleep with him and if she doesn't he won't let her see her daughter. She hasn't seen her little girl for a year or so because of this. What can she do? Thanks
I would take this matter back to court. Firstly if there is difficulties in complying with the original order then that is a matter which the court should be looking at the original order. Secondly it is of course not appropriate for him to put down these 'conditions'. You do not need solicitors to make an application to the court. It is straight forward and many people without solicitors apply to the court for a child arrangement order (the new name for residence and contact orders).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By doing that would she have to pay anything to take it to court again?

She would pay a court fee although if she is on low income she could apply for an exemption - I attach further information - rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be a pain but which of the information on the fees you attached do I look at? Thanks again

The EX160 - no worriesCan you please rate positively for me - cheers
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you