How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33384
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Daughters partners parents have a residency order on grandson.

This answer was rated:

Daughters partners parents have a residency order on grandson. He has been with them for approx 2years. I have always been allowed to see him Wednesday's and Fridays, stopping until Saturday? Both parents are drug addicts, and have had problems over the last 6 years.
They have recently cmmitted an offence, and because I (grandmother) have given a statement to police in my daughters defence, the grandmother with residence now says, both the mother or myself, will never see my grandson ever again. Also she is going to move away with him.
Is she able to do this?l
Strictly speaking she is able to do this if she has the benefit of a residence order. You would need to apply to the court for a child arrangement order (after mediation - MIAM) - you would need to seek permission to apply to the court but this can be done at the same time. This would allow you to have contact in a formal capacity.Please remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you