How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33540
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex asked 2 children to stay at his house over night

This answer was rated:

My ex asked for our 2 children to stay at his house over night on saturday. I agreed but askes him not to take the children anywhere else but his. I found out on sunday morning that he had taking the childrem to his "girlfriend" house. The girlfriend was a really good friend of mine but on a nigh out (20th june) she hit me. I don't feel my children are safe n getting the time they need with they dad when he takes them to her house. I told him that he woukd have to see the children in a concate centre as i cant trust him with the children. Now he says his going to take me to court because he wants the children at weekends n take them to that house. Im happy for him to have them ay weekends just not at her house is there anything i can do to stop him taking them to her house.
The answer if you think that they are not safe there would in fact be for the matter to go to court for a child arrangement order which could set out the arrangements for his contact. It would be your position that contact is for him - if she is dangerous then he should not be taking the children to her home. If the court agreed then they can make this an order.Happy to discussPlease rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you