How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have just been to a solicitor. gut didnt understand about

This answer was rated:

i have just been to a solicitor. gut didnt understand about the £600 fee i have to pay. i am on benefits will i still have to pay the whole amount. i am divorcing my husband on unreasonable behaviour
Thank you for your question.
I am presuming that the £600 you have been quoted is assist you in relation to the divorce proceedings.
If you want to be assessed for legal aid then you need to obtain domestic violence evidence first as legal aid is no longer available unless you have been a victim of domestic violence. Domestic Violence can be physical, emotional and / or financial abuse. It must have happened within the last 2 years. If you consider this applies then you should refer to for the templates that they provide so you can evidence that domestic violence has taken place.
If there has been no domestic violence there you cannot get legal aid.
Kind regards
I am grateful for positive feedback as I am new to this service. Thank you
Please see above answer. Pressed need info in error rather than answer.
I would be grateful for positive feedback.
Kind regards
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you