How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33528
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have residence order since my child was 3years old my ex

Customer Question

I have residence order since my child was 3years old my ex partner has now sent me a summons looking for joint custody which I oppose I am the father of the child and it was deemed at that time by court welfare officer that he should reside with me,Can a court residence order be overturned? I have court order until he is 16years
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
The court has the power to vary or change a residence order (which is not called a child arrangement order) but the court would need to have a compelling reason for such a change otherwsie it will not agree to the application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure - can you please rate positively - thanks