How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

When I was 12 and my sister was 11, we were abducted and until

This answer was rated:

When I was 12 and my sister was 11, we were abducted and until adulthood had to live with the abductor.
My mother knew where we were but never tried to get us back home.
We feel abandoned and very angry and sad that our mother never loved us enough to come and get us.
Can I prosecute my mother for abandonment or abetting in the abduction???
Can I do anything? please advise
Thank you for your question.
I am very sorry to hear about what you and your sister have been through?
Can I ask - has this been reported to the police? If so was your abductor prosecuted? Was your mum investigated?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the abductor died a few months ago, it was never reported.

Im 30 now and my sister is a year younger. We need to know if we can get recognition and justice against my mother for putting us through all those years of abuse and the feeling for the rest of our lives that we were unwanted.

Thank you for your response.
Even though your abductor has died you and your sister still need to consider reporting matters to the police to be investigated. Your mother had a duty of care to you and your sister.
If your mum did know then she could be charged with an offence.
If the police are called and matters are investigated then the Crown a Prosecution Service would take over your case and prosecute your mum on behalf of the crown.
Kind Regards
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you