How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I was recently told by a judge in the family court that if

This answer was rated:

I was recently told by a judge in the family court that if my ex and I cannot get on or agree about things then he would rule that he only has one parent in his life. Can he do this it would be so unfair. I am representing myself as cannot afford solicitor, the ex can
Thank you for your question. I am a family solicitor.
Unfortunately a Judge can order that you are not able to spend any time with your child - although this would very drastic and should only happen in limited circumstances.
It is a child's right to spend time with both parents as long as it is safe to do so and you should remind the Judge of this.
If you can't get on with the other parent then you should look at options such as communications and pick ups and drop offs being facilitated by a third party which should alleviate the issue.
Kind Regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you