How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33382
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Can social services tell that my partner can't live with me

Customer Question

Can social services tell that my partner can't live with me and my children because he has a past history of domestic volence but not with me or with my and his kids we been together for almost 7 years but they are using his past against him surely he has human rights to be a family
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
They can give you this advice if they consider him to be a potential risk to the children - but where you have been together for so long and there have been no issues it does make the advise suspect - have they undertaken an uptodate risk assessment of him and are you in care proceedings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They have just started there assessment one of my partners x partner reported us to social services out of spite he has never hurt me or my kids there was only one report made against him from me which I dropped the day after because is was silly we argued on the phone and I told the police that he threatened me when he never I don't think it right my son should loose his happy family with his dad

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
It is very sensible to work with the LA - but you do need to speak with them and be clear - you do not need to agree that he leaves - but you may need to agree a work agreement so that they see that your priority is the children.Happy to discussPlease rate positively
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Please can you remember to rate positively - thanks
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
I hope this helps - can you please rate me positively - thanks - any other questions don't hesitate to ask