How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33525
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex husband is asking me 14 year old daughter.

This answer was rated:

My ex husband is asking me for money for my 14 year old daughter. I have be told by him I can't see her and have no contact with her until she is 18. I only earn 356.00 pound a month he is saying that if I don't give him money he will make sure that I never work with children again as I am a nursery nurse.
If you are liable to make a contribution then it is for him to make a claim against you for child maintenance to the child support agency. They will properly assess you to determine what contribution you should make rather than be bullied by your ex. You should be entitled to see your daughter and the court has the power to allow contact under a child arrangement order. If he is threatening you then you can make a harassment complaint against him to the police - he should not be making any such wild threats to you.Happy to discuss, but please can you rate me positively please - thanks
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you