How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33536
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter is separated soon to be divorced I am lending her

This answer was rated:

my daughter is separated soon to be divorced I am lending her a few thousand for a house should i have a lending agreement drawn up to stop her husband claiming any of this money?
Yes you should. You will need to have a formal document drawn up - setting out why you are lending the money - whether any interest and detail of repayments. A solicitor could draft such a document (worth doing) and this would cost between £100-£200.Happy to discussPlease rate positively for me - thanks
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you